Fresh basil and tomatoes paired with balsamic and bocconcini make this the ultimate summer salad.
Nothing screams summer more than a Caprese pasta salad, with bright and bold flavors it’s the perfect dish for any occasion. No only is this salad delicious the first time it also gets more flavorful when it sits for a couple of days. Make this at the beginning of the week and enjoy it the next day as a filling and tasty lunch!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
How to Make Caprese Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions, cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix in a bowl.
- Let sit for before serving and top with balsamic glaze and basil.
Caprese Pasta Salad Tips
- You can substitute bocconcini for mozzarella or feta cheese.
- For an extra flavor boost drizzle your salad with balsamic glaze.
- Choose a medium or small sized pasta.
- Cool pasta completely and rinse under cold water for the best results.
- Let salad sit for at least 30 minutes-1 hour before serving in order to fully develop the flavors.
This salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in an air tight container.
Related Salad Recipes
Caprese Pasta Salad
- 8 oz medium pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup bocconcini cut in half
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic glaze optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions and cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with balsamic glaze and fresh basil.