Perfectly balanced orange flavors mingle with the subtle sweetness of the chocolate making this chocolate orange fudge the perfect treat for any season or holiday! Inspired by my families love for chocolate oranges at the holidays I knew I had to create a similar fudge recipe for them!
Fudge has never been easier to make with this no boil recipe! Forget about using candy thermometers and double boilers all you need is a microwave!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet chocolate is used in this recipe but dark or sweet chocolate chips can be used instead depending on how sweet you like things.
Flavoring: Fresh orange zest is used to flavor this recipe, orange liquor can also be used if an extra kick of flavor is wanted.
How to Make Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave.
- Stir in orange zest and liquor if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and let set for 1-2 hours.
Chocolate Orange Fudge Tips
- Line your pan with parchment paper of foil to easily remove the fudge from the pan when set.
- Use a spatula to spread the fudge as evenly as possible when pouring it into the pan.
- Have all of your ingredients ready to go as the fudge starts to set very fast once it has been heated up.
- Use fresh orange zest for the best results, avoid orange extract as it can be very overpowering.
- Fudge will last for a couple of weeks in an air tight container in the fridge.
- This recipe can also be frozen for up to 3 months in a sealed container. Making this the perfect recipe to make in advance for events.
Chocolate Orange Fudge
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 2 ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange liquor optional
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave proof bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes stirring the mixture halfway through.
- Stir in orange zest and liquor if using, mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with more orange zest if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until mixture is firm.