This Mediterranean chickpea salad is full of bright and fresh ingredients that are packed with lots of flavor in every bite. It’s the perfect side dish for grilled chicken, fish or as a hearty vegetarian main course.
This recipe is a wonderful salad to make at the beginning of the week for easy to pack lunches. Chickpeas are naturally high in fiber and protein so they fuel you through ought the day and satisfy your hunger!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Chickpeas: This recipe uses chickpeas but any legumes will work in place such as white beans, black beans, or lentils. Dried chickpeas can also be used but they will need to be soaked for 8-12 hours in cold water.
Vegetables: Feta, red pepper, cucumber, olives, and red onion make up the vegetable portion of this salad. Tomatoes and green pepper can also be added for all of the classic Greek salad flavors.
Dressing: A simple dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and herbs make this a tasty and versatile sauce perfect for any salad.
How to Make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Combine sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Chop all vegetables and combine in a bowl with remaining ingredients and sauce.
- Mix together and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Chickpea Salad Tips
- Cut all of the vegetables to the same size so it is easy to eat.
- Taste the salad first before adding salt as feta and olives are naturally salty ingredients.
- Let the salad sit for 20 minutes before serving to let the flavors develop
This salad will last for 4-5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas drained
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 red pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour salad dressing over top.
- Mix until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired.