If you haven’t tried making cookies from boxed cake mix this is your sign to try it! They are fool proof to make and one of the easiest baking recipes anyone can make. Only four ingredients are need to create these moist and chewy cookies.
This is a very versatile recipe to try any type of cake mix can be used to make these easy cookies. Try an unusual cake mix like red velvet, cherry chip, double chocolate, or even carrot to make a unique new cookie.
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
The reason this recipe is so fun to make is because it’s so easy. Unlike a classic cookie recipe that has ten or more ingredients this recipe only has four. Since prepared cake mix is being used there is no need to measure out any of your dry ingredients.
Cake Mix: Any type of cake mix can be used in this recipe. I used a basic vanilla mix because its my favorite but there is no wrong choice!
Oil: A neutral oil like vegetable or canola works best in this recipe.
Add Ins: Sprinkles are not the only thing that can be added to this recipe. Chocolate chips, chopped candy, nuts, dried fruit and more can be added to the cookies.
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Scoop onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly golden brown.
Cake Mix Cookies Tips
- You do not need to add the ingredients listed on the side of the cake box. Only the ingredients listed in the recipe below are needed.
- Make sure to use a 15.25 oz. box of cake and mix and not a larger one like 18 ounces.
Cookies should be stored in an air tight container for 2-3 days. Cookies will start to harden after a couple days so it is best to serve and eat them right away.
Other Dessert Recipes
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz box cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop the dough into 24 portions and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.