This easy cheese bread is the perfect recipe for when you want to make bread but don’t have a lot of time or ingredients. This is a no yeast recipe which means there is no proofing time making it fast to make!
Pair it with soups or stews on a chilly night or use it as bread for a sandwich, the possibilities are endless with this versatile bread!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Easy Cheese Bread Ingredients
Dry Ingredients: All-purpose flour, baking powder, and sugar are the only dry ingredients needed. Whole wheat flour can also be used in place of all AP flour.
Wet Ingredients: Eggs and milk are the only wet ingredients needed!
Cheese: For the biggest flavor kick sharp cheddar is used in this recipe. Parmesan, swiss, or pepper jack are also great alternatives to try.
Seasonings: Garlic powder is the main seasoning ingredient after the cheese. Green onions and jalapenos are also great add ins to try!
How to Make Easy Cheese Bread
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into a 8×4″ pan and bake for 50 minutes or until done.
Tips and Tricks
- Add green onions, bacon bits, jalapenos, or olives for a flavor boost.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper to easily remove it from the pan.
- Don’t use pre shredded cheese as it has a coating on it that wont allow it to melt in the oven.
Easy Cheese Bread Storage
Bread can be stored in a sealed bag in the refrigerator or on a cool counter away from hot appliances for up to five days.
This recipe can also be easily frozen as a whole loaf or sliced for up to two months.
Other Recipes to Try
Easy Cheese Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and the cheese.
- Slowly mix in the eggs and milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased or parchment-lined 8×4 loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.