This pumpkin bread is the perfect recipe to make to get you in the fall mood. Perfectly balanced flavors of pumpkin and spices will have everyone asking for this recipe! This is a bread recipe but it is so moist and delicious you will think you are enjoying a cake instead!
The best part about this easy recipe is that it only uses one bowl to make it and most of the ingredients will already be in your pantry. Add in chocolate chips or nuts for additional flavor and texture.
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
Dry Ingredients: All the dry ingredients are staples that you will already have on hand in your kitchen!
Pumpkin Puree: Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is already seasoned and sweeter than normal puree.
Eggs: Lightly beat the eggs before adding them to the mixture for easier incorporation.
Oil: Make sure to use a neutral oil like vegetable or canola oil in this recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk until mixed.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 65 minutes.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper to easily remove it from the pan after it is baked.
- A pumpkin pie spice glaze is a great addition to this bread.
- Chocolate chips or nuts can also be added for extra flavor and texture.
- Leftover pumpkin puree can be frozen for future use.
This bread can be stored in a sealed container for up to 5 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator. It can also be easily frozen for up to 2 months in a air tight container.
Other Recipes to Try
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk until mixed.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Let cool completely and slice.