Peppermint fudge is the perfect treat to bring to holiday gatherings this year. With only four ingredients needed and a microwave this easy dessert can be whipped up in a matter of minutes! Unlike most fudge recipes that require you to use a double boiler this one only uses the microwave making it safe and fool proof for any skill level and age!
This fudge is also a great gift idea for loved ones, friends, and co-workers. Simply wrap it up in some festive packaging and add a nice gift tag and your holiday gifts are done! Or make a dessert box with Cranberry Orange Shortbread and Cake Mix Cookies!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Peppermint Fudge Ingredients
Chocolate Chips: Semi sweet chocolate chips are used in this recipe but dark or white chocolate chips can also be used instead.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: One can of milk is needed for this recipe, it cannot be replaced with anything.
Candy Canes: Two candy canes are used for the topping of the fudge. Any flavor or color can be used.
How to Make Peppermint Fudge
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave.
- Microwave and stir frequently until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Leave in the refrigerator until set.
- The candy canes can also be stirred into the fudge mixture for an extra crunchy texture.
- To crush the candy canes place them in a Ziploc bag and lightly smash with something heavy like the bottom of a jar.
- Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper or tin foil so the fudge can be easily removed from the pan.
Fudge Storage Instructions
Fudge can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It can also be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to three months.
Other Fudge Recipes
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes crushed
- Place chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract in a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave for 1 more minute until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top, and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.