Pickled jalapenos are an easy way to use up leftover jalapenos and make an amazing and simple topping to use in all of your recipes! Only five ingredients are needed to make them and they are all ingredients you will already have in your kitchen.
These jalapenos can be added to almost any dishes like tacos, burgers, salads, quesadillas, salsas, and sauces!
Follow ThymeToCook on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Pickled Jalapeno Ingredients
Jalapenos: Make sure to use fully ripe jalapenos, other pepper variations can also be added to this recipe.
Brine: Water, white vinegar, salt, sugar, and garlic are all that’s needed to make this brine. Sliced onion, chili flakes, or extra garlic can be added for an extra kick of flavor.
How to Make Pickled Jalapenos
- Slice jalapenos and place in the jar.
- Place brine ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Pour over jalapenos in the jar and let cool.
- Black peppercorns, bay leaves, and mustard seeds are also great options to add to the brine.
- Make sure to fully submerge the jalapenos in the brine so they are all fully pickled.
- The longer they soak in the brine the more flavorful they will become!
- Use a jar with a sealable lid for the best results.
Pickled jalapenos can last up to two months in the refrigerator when submerged in the brine and in a sealed container.
Other Recipes to Try
- 7-8 jalapenos sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1-3 cloves garlic sliced or crushed
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Place sliced jalapenos in glass jars.
- Combine all ingredients except for the jalapenos in a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the sugar and salt has dissolved.
- Pour brine over top of the jalapenos so that they are submerged.
- Let cool to room temperature and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.